Welcome to Arisia staff!
Whether you've been on staff for many years, or you're new this year, this is a handy reminder page for vital Arisia information
| New to staff? Do these things first:
Arisia Email and Mailing Lists
- When sending and receiving Arisia email, please use the area's email address, not a personal address.
- For more information about dealing with email within Arisia, please see: How-To_Email
- Staff-Discuss vs Staff-Announce (what’s the difference)
- staff-discuss is a discussion list. staff-announce is low traffic and announce-only.
- Mail sent to staff-announce will be held for moderation.
- To subscribe go to:
http://mailman.arisia.org/mailman/listinfo/staff-announce Staff Announce (required)
http://mailman.arisia.org/mailman/listinfo/staff-discuss Staff Discuss (optional)
Some other internal mailing lists:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (if you have a question you want to escalate)
- email@example.com (email list of people with keys to Arisia Storage, useful if you need access to storage and don’t have a key).
- If you are sending official email as a representative of an Area, you should setup your email so you can send using your Area’s email address (and CC it when sending). Please see How-To_Email for details.
- firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about email addresses, want to be added to an alias, or have problems with a mailman list.
- For a full list of email addresses see: Email_Lists
Arisia Online Resources
- Staff Wiki
- Request an account on the staff wiki
- Account activation is done by a human, so there may be a slight delay. If you don't hear anything in a day or two, send mail to email@example.com
- For basic wiki rules and how to's see Rules of the Road
- Staff Forums
- Please use similar usernames for the Wiki and Forums.
- Arisia Calendar
* Congo is Arisia’s Registration system.
- Public interface (to buy a membership): http://arisia.stonekeep.com
- If you need to access the data, contact your Div Head.
- Zambia is Arisia’s Scheduling application.
- Slack is a chat program used by Arisia staff.
- To request an account on the Arisia Staff team Slack, either for yourself or someone in your department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include the e-mail address you want associated with that account
- https://slack.com/ for more information about Slack
- IRC is a chat program used by Arisia staff.
- Server: irc.arisia.org - #arisia
- If you need a IRC program, see: IRC_Information
Other online resources
- Official Facebook page:
- Unofficial Facebook group:
- LiveJournal: arisia.livejournal.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/arisia
- Conrunner.net has lots of information about running cons (but some of their advice may not apply to Arisia).
- The convention is governed by Arisia's Bylaws and Policies.
- Joining - Come to a meeting and see what it's about.
- Giving Comps to Minions - Reg and Corporate Policies
- Time sheets
- Even 1 hour of volunteering at Arisia 2013 can get you cool stuff like an Arisia water bottle or a free book!
- 8 hours of volunteering gets you a free T-shirt.
- 12 hours of volunteering gets you a free membership to next year’s Arisia.
- Please fill out a timesheet, even if you're a Div Head
- Time Sheets:( PDF)
- Arisia's annual weekend get-away on Cape Cod (usually the weekend after Memorial Day)